By now, we all know that treadmills are a great way to get in shape. But what happens when the belt becomes dirty and starts slipping?
In this post, we’ll show you the 2 methods of how to clean a treadmill belt? quickly and easily.
Stay safe and healthy by following these simple tips to keep your treadmill belt shine
1st Method That How to Clean a Treadmill Belt? with a Vacuum Cleaner
In the first method, we will explain to you the below 4 methods just follow these steps and clean your treadmill easily.
Things You’ll Need for 1st method
- Dusting cloth that is anti-static. You can buy from Amazon
- A cleaning cloth that is lint-free. You can buy from Amazon
- Towel (paper). You can buy from Amazon
Unplug the unit from the electrical source before you begin any maintenance.
Use a vacuum with a soft brush attachment to remove any dirt, dust, or debris from the belt and treadmill deck.
Apply a small amount of treadmill belt cleaner or rubbing alcohol to a clean, soft cloth. Gently wipe the cleaning solution onto the belt in a circular motion.
Use a dry, soft cloth to remove any cleaner or alcohol residue from the belt.
Also Read: How to Use a Treadmill
2nd Method That How to Clean a Treadmill Belt? with water
The 2nd method that how to clean a treadmill belt? just follow the below steps and do it with care so your treadmill comes clean.
Things You’ll Need for 2nd Method
- Vacuum with the upholstery attachment. You can buy from Amazon
- Mild dishwashing soap. You can buy from Amazon
- Bucket (2-gallon). You can buy from Amazon
- Sponge. You can buy from Amazon
First, you need to gather your supplies. You will need an anti-static dusting cloth, a lint-free cleaning cloth, and a towel (paper).
Now, you need to vacuum the belt. Use the upholstery attachment on your vacuum and go over the entire belt. Make sure to get the edges and the creases.
After you have vacuumed the belt, you need to clean it. Get a bucket and fill it with 2 gallons of water. Add a mild dishwashing soap to the water and mix it around.
Take your sponge and dipped it into the soapy water. Gently scrub the belt with the sponge. Make sure to go over the entire belt, including the edges and creases.
Rinse the belt off with clean water. Use a lint-free cloth to dry the belt. Once the belt is dry, you can put the towel over it and turn on the treadmill (on a low setting) for about 10 minutes. This will help to remove any soap residue.
Now your treadmill belt is clean and ready to be used!
- When renting a home, keep a separate pair of shoes for treadmill use only it helps to keep the belt clean.
- Wipe down your treadmill after each use, even if you don’t plan on walking or running that day. A quick once-over with a damp cloth can help remove any dirt or debris that may have accumulated since your last workout.
- Do not use a harsh cleaner or abrasive scrubber on your treadmill belt as this can damage the belt. If you are unsure about a particular cleaner, test it in a small, inconspicuous area first.
- Never use WD-40, oils, or any kind of lubricant on your treadmill belt this can cause the belt to slip.
- Never put the treadmill away wet as this can lead to mold and mildew growth. Make sure the belt is completely dry before folding up your treadmill.
Hopefully, this blog post “How to Clean a Treadmill Belt?” will be useful for you. remember to always be careful when working with electrical equipment. If you are not comfortable cleaning your treadmill, please contact a qualified technician for assistance.
Cleaning your treadmill belt is important to maintain the life of your treadmill and to keep it running smoothly. By following the steps outlined in this blog post, you can easily clean your treadmill belt and keep your treadmill in top shape.
Thanks for reading!
How to Clean a Treadmill Belt?
Q: What is the best way to clean a treadmill belt?
A: The first method which we explained in the upper is the best and recommended method for cleaning a treadmill belt but if you do have not a vacuum cleaner then the 2nd way is also a good method for cleaning a treadmill belt
Q: How often should I clean my treadmill belt?
A: You should clean your treadmill belt at least once a month, or more often if you use it frequently.
Q: Can I use WD-40 on my treadmill belt?
A: No, you should never use WD-40, oils, or any kind of lubricant on your treadmill belt as this can cause the belt to slip.
Q: How can I prevent my treadmill belt from getting dirty?
A: Wipe down your treadmill after each use, even if you don’t plan on walking or running that day. A quick once-over with a damp cloth can help remove any dirt or debris that may have accumulated since your last workout. You can also try to avoid wearing shoes with dirt or debris on them when using the treadmill.